Our Mission, Vision and Values
As an academic health care system, we will transform the health of the communities we serve through compassionate, innovative, patient-centered care.
UofL Health will be Kentuckiana‚Äôs health care provider of choice.
- Strive to provide a culture of exceptional care.
- Develop collaborative relationships with patients and families.
- Engage and nurture our physicians, nurses, allied health professionals and other team members.
- Develop partnerships that improve the health and well-being of our community.
- Collaborate with the University of Louisville Health Sciences Center to educate the next generation of health care professionals.
- Education & Research:¬†Further educate and help develop the skills of our staff by facilitating an academic, research-driven approach to patient care.
- Patient-centered Care:¬†Demonstrate that our patients, their families, and the people of the communities we serve are at the heart of every decision we make.
- Quality & Safety:¬†Achieve the highest standards of care and service by continually measuring and improving our outcomes.
- Diversity & Inclusion:¬†Maintain an inclusive environment where we honor, respect and celebrate everyone for who they are, no matter their life experiences, perspectives or perceived differences.
- Compassion:¬†Act with sensitivity and empathy in every encounter we have with our patients, their families and each other.
- Stewardship:¬†Utilize resources, supplies and staff responsibly for the good of our patients, community and organization.